Monday 12 August 2013

Little Prince


Drops in a river like million tears. Stars in the sky like thousands of years. We’re like the river, we’re like the sky. Only together, we are entire. 

You were a single drop in a wild roaring torrent, a needle in a hay stack, a tiny spot on a night sky. One drop of water is easily lost in a big river, just as needle in a haystack is hard to find and a single star means nothing to the infinity of the sky. Those little pieces though are insignificantly significant to the whole. You might not notice a drop of water in the river, and a star looks so tiny and distant most of the people don't bother to pay attention to it. But try to get closer. And as I was coming closer, you grew bigger and more shiny, just like a star.

My personal Holden Caulfield (though you didn't ask me whether I still keep all my kings in a back row...). You were beautiful. Your hair was golden, a 24 carat gold, that in jewelry shops is sold. Jewels are forever, they never get old, but they’re metal, unlike you they’re hard and cold. Your skin is white just like a sea salt, it’s soft and smooth like fish that is boned. Your mouth reminded me of a freshly cut fig, and your cheeks were so freshly pink, like the colour of a babe pig. 


Little Prince

First drop of dew falls on the leaf, it feels so new.
That kind of morning reminds me of you.
The dew leaves a spot on the surface, then dries up.
For all those drops I could to be a cup.
All my memories they filled me in.
From bottom to top in a sweet gathering.
No more questions, no compromises.
Only one favor to ask, promise me this:
Keep your head in the clouds, like you always did.
Stay on your planet and never leave it.
Fulfill your dreams,
Use all the means,
Enjoy yourself like sweet sexteens,
And please remember me my little prince.


No comments:

Post a Comment