Saturday 10 August 2013

Leaving


There is something magical and fascinating about train stations. They carry a message of arriving in a new place, happy encounters of old lovers, family members, or lost friends, represent a foggy daily routine for commuters, or a contemplative place for dreamers... and symbolize a site of last glance of an eye, last kiss, touch of one's hand. Stations always reminded me of leaving. The very design of almost each train station I've ever been to was the same: the train tracks so heavy and thick gradually narrow down to a thin straight line in the distance, then curve around a corner, and disappear. And a train car, carrying your loved one is getting smaller still, until it vanishes from your sight. And he or she is gone. Sometimes forever... 

...And I stood there, with my hand raised in farewell. Hand that was holding yours a while ago now bids you goodbye.

You were just a dream, a very vivid, colourful dream that fades away just as the train leaves the station. That dream gradually loses its colours and what then seemed so real, now remains a surreal memory. You crashed my heart but luckily enough I survived. Now it’s time to move on. I will live on my planet of desire, and you will stay on the desired one. The one I can never reach. The one I can never go to. 



Leaving

I’m full of emptiness, heart of glass,
Of all the times, this is the last.
Hand that was reaching your cheek to stroke,
Now waves you goodbye, my heart fell to the ground
And it broke.

As we stand on the platform I sing you a song,
Don’t come back, baby, just don’t.
You were just a dream, a very vivid dream,
When two hearts beat together,
It feels so real.

That dream gradually loses its colours,
They fade away as time passes along us.
I don’t remember your scent, your voice, or touch,
Have I ever experienced them?
I doubt much.

My dear surreal dream,
You will always persist in my mind untouched,
Still young and fresh and timeless,
Having that grin on your lips that I loved,
Auf wiedersehen und das ist alles.

No comments:

Post a Comment