Monday 7 October 2013

.-.. --- ...- . (Love)


I have one reoccurring dream that comes to me every now and then in the night. I'm drowning in a dark and lonely sea, I can't see anything, I can only hear splashing water and my shouts for help. But there is no one around. When all of a sudden I see a light, far away in the distance, and this light seem to be approaching me. So I start swimming madly towards this light, it's blinding me, so the ocean around me looks even darker and makes me confused and disorientated. I swim for hours towards this light, I'm losing my strength with every breath I take... 
...and then the light vanishes over the horizon. 
And then I wake up. 

Sometimes I keep thinking about this dream as a metaphor to love. There might be someone who comes and helps you out of the freezing water and dries you up, is your lighthouse in the dark, keeps sailing with you along. Or he turns around and turns off the light. And you drown.  




..    .-.. --- ...- .    -.-- --- ..-
(I Love You)

Can you see that light, does it burn your eyes?
I hold the railing in tight grip.
Standing still and wondering if it counts,
I hold the coin in my palm for a flip.
A flip of chance now floats in the wind
To match the naked bodies
Afloat and godforsaken for no sin
In an ocean of minus degrees.

My heart ignites with desperate plea
Will signal all night, won’t give it a rest.
I see you clearly, why can’t you see me?
Is my ship’s tragedy not of your interest?
In the infinity of the sea I will stay
And will cast my anchor here
The SOS tunes in my ears now play
Along with ‘Nearer My God to Thee‘.

Although my body was made in Belfast
My soul now wanders through the never.
As the light faded on your fore-mast
I knew my ship was doomed forever.
My dear Californian, the beauty in the distance
I signalled Di-di-dit  dah-dah-dah  di-di-dit
Did it all night long with persistence
But you didn’t see...
‘Cos your captain went to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment