Wednesday 29 January 2014

The ride

Like I always say, there is more to dreams than their mystery and intangibility. And I don’t have in mind only dreaming that happens whilst sleeping, or dreaming in a sense of wishing for something to happen. I mean more substantial kind of dreaming that comes to you only rarely which is of course likely to reflect your desire, but at the same time it is so elaborate that it brings new ideas, new desires, new feelings, ones you have never ever known before. Something like a daydream or an epiphany, just like that – out of the blue. The kind of dream, that in the end ceases to be a dream and becomes a vision or a fantasy. And in this fantasy you are able to smell all the scents so vividly it is hard to believe it didn’t happen, you are able to hear people and their voices just as though they were standing right in front of you, you can even predict your own thoughts and actions as well as the others’, and you are actually able to feel all the sensations and affections, almost as if you lived them. Last but not least, you can enter into fantasies with your consciousness, you can decide what happens next and that is what makes them real. 

I can hear the rumbling of the engine melting with the music from the radio and I am holding my hands up high, stroking the air, touching it with my fingerprints. With my eyes closed I feel like I’m absorbing everything deep into myself. When I look to my left there is the man I ran off with and he looks beautiful in the sunshine. Before us only the dusty road, fields, and hills, and woods, and rivers, and lakes. We feel to have nothing, but in fact we have absolutely everything.
At the nightfall, we watch the stars and he talks about the universe. He asks me to imagine infinity, to picture it as a concept, to try to think in terms of infinity. I answer I cannot do it, because it’s simply ungraspable. He smiles and says: “You can’t understand infinity for it is just a word. A word created by men labelling an abstract phenomenon. And all the words of language denoting abstract things, such as love, fear, shiver, excitement, frienship... can never be understood unless experienced. Humans in their very nature always needed limits, borderlines, so they started to think in this mindset. But you have to start thinking out of these borders, so that you set your mind and soul free to experience infinity. That’s why I took you on a ride. To search for infinity.“ 



The Ride

At dawn we’ll be gone, drifted by tide
Forsaken our throne, ran away for a ride.
A car beneath humming its tranquil song
All the gods, above and under, singing along. 

Pure nihility around, away from the crowds, 
With my hands up high I long for the clouds.
You said aim your eyes up, you break the mould,
And as far you can see all is blue, white and gold.

The sun is our God, every new day our teacher,
Horizon means hope and your voice is my preacher.
Nothing more nothing less than our bodies bare,
Yet we possess the scents, the life, the music, the air.

Our soundtrack of life sings the melody of freedom
That takes us far and far away, east of eden.
Oh how gracefully your skin shines in the sunshine,
You’re my guide through the galaxy, a man divine.

You show me infinity is no design of men
Like two of the zillion stars we live by no plan, 
As vain as to describe colors to a blind one
Such is to live by limits, when there are none.

Only rumbling of wheels, as promising as a wish,
The road, the dust and a mind young and foolish,
Are tools to turn us to what we’re supposed to be.
And if we weren’t fools then who’d we be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment